Sunday, October 12, 2008

topic two




What can a designer learn from the needs and desires of a Dutch elderly retirement village community to mediate possible change into the spatial design for increasing a quality of life among those people?

I believe that the quality of daily life in our elderly community can be greatly enhanced through design. I particularly believe that this will require an in depth participation and contribution from a wide range of people that are invested emotionally, physically and professionally in the workings of a retirement village community. I feel that my previous ideas in relation to the addition of natural spaces with a community feel could have been too soon in hypothesis and will require more research and input from the variety of sources outlined above. Nonetheless, I do ultimately feel that there is a platform for positive change in this area of design that could be fruitful for all parties involved.

No comments: